The centuries-long history of the Lüttelforster Mühle

Where the knights once dined

The Lü’s history goes back to 1456 – at least. In this year, the former oil and grain mill is mentioned in a document for the first time. Originally, it was the house mill of the knight’s estate of the von Bocholtz family. In the 18th century, the building was rebuilt to its present state. Since 1900, the mill has been used as a restaurant and later also as a hotel. In 1954, the milling operation is discontinued and the miller retires. From 2005 to 2007, the monument was lovingly restored. In 2008, the Schwalmverband is building a fish ladder. This facility allows all fish species from tench and zander to eel and trout to perch and barbel to pass without barriers.